Sunday, November 7, 2010

DMC Final blog

The digital media course has officially finished.The question is:- did I learn anything from it? I learnt many things from the course, both in the lectures and class discussions. We examined the methods that social media websites use to extend their networks; we learnt of the privacy concerns amongst some of the customers of websites like Facebook and YouTube. Although I had used some of these sites I was oblivious to the damage that indiscriminate posting may do to one's reputation.

Perhaps the most demanding part of the course was deciding upon the subject for argument in the final essay. It seems to be easy to answer a question  that is given as a topic, but to decide what argument to present as a paper was difficult. This is probably the greatest item I have learnt in the course. There were many others, such as the realisation that it was the younger users of the Web 2,0 who were the most distrusting of the medium.
Did I enjoy the Wiki and Blogs? I found it difficult to keep both current, especially in recent weeks. I intend to keep the blogging going for some time because I enjoy the writing down of thoughts, but the Wiki might be missing after today.

No comments:

Post a Comment